The 2018 Buckby Feast events were held in the week from Sunday August 19 through to Monday 27th August (Bank Holiday).
Starting from 2016 we hold the ‘big’ version every two years, in the ‘odd’ number years we hold a cutdown version of the events.
You can visit the Photos tab (above) or click here to see photos of the 2018 Feast Events.
Here is a reminder of the events we ran in 2018…
- The Scarecrow Trail was held on Sunday 19th August 2018. (Go to the Scarecrow and Gardens ‘review’ tab – above – for a summary)
- The Open Gardens event will also be held on Sunday 19th August 2018. (Go to the Scarecrow and Gardens ‘review’ tab – above – for a summary)
- There will be showings of Cyril Pittam’s films in the Community Centre on Monday 20th August 2018. (Go to the 1960s Films ‘review’ tab – above – for a summary)
- Buckby Feast Quiz will be held on Wednesday 22nd August 2018, at the Football Club. (Go to the Quiz ‘review’ tab – above – for a summary)
- Buckby Feast Produce & Craft show will be held on Saturday 25th August 2018, at Long Buckby Community Centre. (Go to the Produce and Craft ‘review’ tab – above – for a summary)
- The main Buckby Feast Day will be held on Monday 27th August 2018, on the Sports Fields (August Bank Holiday Monday). (Go to the Feast ‘review’ tab – above – for a summary)
- The Buckby Feast Raffle will be run as usual. (Go to the Feast ‘review’ tab – above – for a summary)
- The Feas Pudn competition will be held on Monday 27th August 2018 at the main Buckby Feast Day. (Go to the Feast ‘review’ tab – above – for a summary)
All of our events were successful, and well attended. This is what we do… bring the village together while raising money for the benefit of the village. We do not have the combined total yet, but we believe that our proceeds in 2018 will be between £7000 and £8000 – an impressive amount!
Of course, these events do not just happen. There is a committee of people that are involved in planning the event. The planning starts in February to builds up until the Feast Week itself.
Many, many thanks must go to the committee, and particularly to Hilary Tibbs and Mary McElroy for leading the committee. Without Hilary and Mary we would not get the show off the ground.
Next year (2019) we will run Buckby Feast ‘lite’.
The Feast committee will always welcome suggestions and offers to help plan and run the Feast, which is for the benefit of all the village. In the first instance please contact Hilary Tibbs (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mary McElroy (email@example.com), or Janey Shemilt (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will take it from there… many thanks in advance.
Also, please take a look at our facebook page (@buckbyfeast).