In 2015 the Buckby Feast organising committee took the decision to make the Feast Day celebrations (usually on August Bank Holiday Monday) a biennial event. In 2018 we ran the Feast Day events, and in 2019 we will again run a cut-down version of the events, as we did in 2015 and 2017.
Here is a reminder of the 2018 Feast Day…
This year we will not be throwing sponges at Nathan!
Here is a summary of our events for 2019. Planning is nearly complete, the web site has been updated when required.
- Buckby Feast Produce & Craft show will be held on Saturday 17th August 2019, at Long Buckby Community Centre. (Go to the Produce and Craft tab – above – for more information)
- The Scarecrow Trail will be held on Sunday 25th August 2019. (Go to the Scarecrow tab – above – for more information)
- We are running a Garage Sale, also on Sunday 25th August 2019. (Go to the Garage Sale tab – above – for more information)
- Buckby Feast Quiz will be held on Wednesday 28th August 2019, at the Football Club. (Go to the Quiz tab – above – for more information)
- The Buckby Feast Raffle will be run as usual. (Go to the Raffle tab – above – for more information)
In addition to the the events above, we are hoping to run the following events in 2019.
- We are running The Open Gardens event again in 2019. Please come back to check progress. (Go to Open Gardens tab – above – for more information)
- We would like to do something with The Feas Pudn again in 2019. (We will add a Feas Pudn tab – above – when we have more information)
Also, please take a look at our facebook page (@buckbyfeast).
Can you help us with the events?
The Feast committee is a group of volunteers who organise the events for the benefit of all the village. The committee we will welcome suggestions and offers to help plan and run the Feast. In the first instance please contact Hilary Tibbs (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mary McElroy (email@example.com), or Janey Shemilt (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will take it from there… many thanks in advance.