Feast Week is the week of events held each year prior to August Bank holiday Monday.
Feast Day is the day of events held on August Bank holiday Monday (every two years).
In 2015 the Buckby Feast organising committee took the decision to make the Feast Day celebrations (usually on August Bank Holiday Monday) a biennial event. In 2018 we ran the Feast Day events, and in 2019 we again ran a cut-down version of the events, as we did in 2015 and 2017.
Here is a summary of our events for 2019. The events were all successful, and the weather was kind to us. The web site is being updated to inform you of what happened.
- Buckby Feast Produce & Craft show was held on Saturday 17th August 2019, at Long Buckby Community Centre. (Go to the Produce and Craft tab – above – for more information)
- The Scarecrow Trail was held on Sunday 25th August 2019. (Go to the Scarecrow tab – above – for more information)
- We ran a Garage Sale, also on Sunday 25th August 2019. (Go to the Garage Sale tab – above – for more information)
- Buckby Feast Quiz was held on Wednesday 28th August 2019, at the Football Club. (Go to the Quiz tab – above – for more information)
- The Buckby Feast Raffle was run as usual. (Go to the Raffle tab – above – for more information)
Also, please take a look at our facebook page (@buckbyfeast).
Can you help us with the events?
The Feast committee is a group of volunteers who organise the events for the benefit of all the village. The committee we will welcome suggestions and offers to help plan and run the Feast. In the first instance please contact Hilary Tibbs (email@example.com), Mary McElroy (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Janey Shemilt (email@example.com) and we will take it from there… many thanks in advance.