The Buckby Feast Produce and Craft was held on Saturday August 25th 2018.
This year we were a little concerned that there would not be as many exhibits as in previous years due to the very hot summer. However, the quantity and quality seemed to be pretty much the same as in previous years. – Well done to all our exhibitors.
The Produce and Craft Show covered a wide range of categories with outstanding fruits, vegetables, chutneys, jams, cakes, and breads, as well as excellent crafts and photographs and paintings/drawings.
A very special thank you must go to Giles Baker and his team of helpers who made the Produce and Craft Show a great success.
In the Photos section of the website you can see pictures of some of the events and also of the winners… or jump to 2018 Produce and craft photos
This year we are again pleased to award a shield to the overall winner in each of seven categories. These shields are for the winners to keep for a year, and are donated by local businesses. Here is a list of those winners, and the sponsors:-
- Flowers , Pot Plants And Floral Art, winner is Dorothy Parton, category sponsored by Trio Landscaping.
- Fruit and Vegetables, winner is Lynette Cannell, category sponsored by Long Buckby Dental.
- Crafts, winner is Brian Watts, category sponsored by The Peephole.
- Cookery (Jams, Preserves & Baking), winner is Rose Killingbeck, category sponsored by Roger the Quality Butcher.
- Photography And Art, winner is John Cross, category sponsored by Home Farm Stoves Ltd.
- Young People under 16, winner is Heidi Tomalin, category sponsored by In Memory of Phil Davis.
- Liqueurs, Wine & Home Brew, winner is Dorothy Parton, category sponsored by The Old Kings Head.
Congratulations to all the shield winners, and many thanks to all our kind sponsors for their generosity.